Saturday, December 20, 2008

Final Thoughts

Well, my four week trip is just about over. I leave for the airport in about fifteen minutes.

It's been an amazing experience to come out here. Though Hyderabad wasn't the most pleasant place to stay, it was a very thought provoking city. I learned a lot about Indian economics, politics, and society staying here.

I also learned a ton by being in the Hyderabad office. There are a lot of challenges here that you don't necessarily realize being in the Seattle office. I think I was able to make a pretty good contribution here and certainly feel like I've taken some important things away that can help our Seattle team work better with people out here.

The best part of the trip was the people here. Everyone at Amazon was so warm and welcoming, reaching out to me and making sure I got the most out of my trip. Being on a business trip, one thing I didn't expect was to forge the relationships that I did. But, after spending four weeks laughing over cafeteria food, having thought provoking conversations over delicious kebabs, and dancing in completely empty discotechs, I feel like I'm walking away with new friends.

No comments: